Monday 25 November 2013

More Merry Christmas

Good afternoon everyone! And what a gorgeous sunny day it has been too! A beautiful clear blue sky and a very pleasant 23 degrees. My beautiful Sally (lab) has been alternating between lying in the sun until her black fur is hot to touch and she is panting like a steam train

To coming inside and collapsing on the cool tiles whereupon I can't help but laugh at my "hotdog" :-) Ten minutes later she's off to sun bake again - she is so funny!

Meanwhile I have been continuing to make Christmas cards…two cards here with a variation of the Paper Pal arts sketch that I've already made two cards for :-) Yes! Its a keeper of a sketch!!

I also wanted to use up some of the Winter Frost DSP that I haven't used so much of as yet.
This first card uses the Silver foil card stock which is almost permanently out on my table at the moment. But I wondered if the Silver Glimmer paper might actually be better for this one?

Apart from this small difference they are the same card. And as you can see, very little stamping involved! The base is Pool party and have used the Indigo snowflakes from the Winter Frost DSP. Some of the new Silver Ribbon is also used to cover the join of the two papers. The white card stock having been put through the Big Shot using the Print Poetry embossing folder.
The Expression Thinlits die was used to create the "merry" using Pool Party - I find using a sheet of Baking Paper in between the die and the card stock makes it easier to pop out when cut. And I've also found that the more often the die is used, the easier it pops out too! 
The tree image is again from the Joyous Celebrations set  and its actually stamped in Coastal Cabana ink as it gives just a little more colour to it than the Pool Party that would normally coordinate. The Silver glimmer paper here adds to the textured look of the card and seems to suit better than the Foil I think? In each case, dimensionals are used underneath the whole blue/white layer to give it a lift ( and add some dimension ;-) )

Card stock: Pool Party, Whisper White, Silver Foil, Silver Glimmer Paper
Designer Series Paper: Winter Frost Specialty
Ink: Coastal Cabana
Stamp: Joyous Celebrations
Accessories: Big Shot, Print Poetry EF, Expressions Thinlits dies, Basic Rhinestones

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan









2 comments:

  1. Love the cards Jan!! Silver glimmer paper is definitely my favourite!!! No stamping amazing!!! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katerina! Yes, I think the glimmer paper is my fave too :-)

      Delete