Friday 4 April 2014

Doggie Coasters

Today I have something other than a card to share for a change! It is a little gift I made for one of our dog loving friends that was calling in today. I was inspired by seeing the coasters Justin Krieger made using the By the Tide stamp set that you can see here. I just LOVED these as an idea and when I needed a quick gift I knew that using the "D is for Dog"stamp set borrowed from another good friend would be perfect! But I'll let you be the judge :-)



So I had previously managed to find the Mason's Jar lids at a local Matchbox store - and bought all they had :-)

The cork I sourced from my local craft store and to make sure it would stick well to the Jar lids I used the Multipurpose Adhesive backing sheets prior to stamping with the Stazon ink. You may notice that the ink seems a bit uneven? Well, that is just the slightly uneven surface of the cork and can't really be helped. Next I used my Circle Framelits to cut the cork to fit inside - it is a little bit smaller than the lid size but still looks ok. 
And, because these are likely to get wet, I gave each coaster 2 coats of Modge Modge to seal.

Inks: Black Stazon
Stamps: D is For Dog
Accessories: Big Shot, Circle Framelits, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Non -SU Cork, Mason Jar Lids

Now you can't have a gift without some packaging….so that was my next job:-)

I really wanted to make a bag using DSP and the Scallop Tag Topper punch - but at 3 inches in circumference, the coasters seemed too big. So instead I made a little box and a bookmark…


For the box I just cut a 12"x12" piece of DSP to 9"x9" and then scored at 3" and 6" on all sides and put together. For the lid I used the same DSP and cut a 4" square and scored at 1/2" on all sides. Next I used the same size circle Framelit as for the coasters in the middle and then cut a 3" x3" square from the Window Sheets and attached that to the inside of the lid using glue dots.

The little book mark has a Black card stock base and I used the other side of the same DSP page to cover it after Punching with the Scallop Tag Topper punch and stamped with the same images as the Coasters.

Card stock: Basic black, Whisper White
DSP : Sweet Sorbet
Inks: Black Stazon, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Scallop Tag Topper Punch, 1/14 and 13/8 Circle punches, Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack, White Organza ribbon

The surprise gift was well received and so I might just have to make some more! 

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan




2 comments:

  1. Lovely present Jan!! So well presented in the box and matching gift tag. Everybody would love it!! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Katerina! And yes, happy to report it did go down well too :-)

      Delete