Monday 30 June 2014

Sweet Baby for FMS

Good morning! I hope it is a beautiful day wherever you are today. Here in Melbourne we have woken to the sun occasionally peeking through the clouds - so nice after the cold, wet and definitely wintery weekend!! Brrr…it has been so cold!!

Yesterday we were spoilt with visitors popping in to see us bringing fruit from their own trees and cake - so spoilt! It has been difficult to get out during the last week with Sally (labrador) needing pretty constant care after her surgery to both her hind legs, and then I toppled over on Thursday and dislocated a bone in my left foot - we have been a good looking pair with our matching ice packs :-)

And so with Sally having a little snooze after her tiny allowed walk out to the letter box and back it is the perfect time to make a card :-) And I love the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!!


I love how this is such a versatile sketch and I knew what I wanted to do as I had a Skype call on the weekend…I won't share who from yet and there are a couple of people it could be…. but pretty exciting news!!


Yes! A baby is on the way :-)

So for this card I started with the background which is from the fabulous Moonlight DSP paper stack. 
The lovely pram image is from the new Something For Baby stamp set which I love as it comes with matching framelits - so no fussy cutting needed :-)


And the greeting and cute bunny are from the Baby We've Grown set and I coloured these with the new Blendabilities (Blendies for short )  markers. To stamp the images for colouring you can use our regular Classic inks or the Memento Tuxedo Black ink, just make sure the images are really dry first. 

For the greeting I stamped in Lost Lagoon, and coloured with the Coastal Cabana Blendies and for the cute bunny, I stamped in Basic Grey and coloured with the Daffodil Delight markers - and used the medium Coastal Cabana marker for the bow tie :-) I was quite pleased with how the colouring turned out - all new for me, I've never been good at drawing or colouring - that's why I use stamps LOL! So if I can do it anyone can :-)

Card stock: Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Moonlight Stack
Inks: Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Basic Grey, Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Markers
Stamps: Baby We've Grown, Something For Baby
Accessories: Big Shot,  Project Life Corner punch, Baby's First Framelits, Project Life Corner punch, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I do hope you have a great day and can take some time to pop by Freshly Made Sketches  and check out the awesome cards the Design team have made and the full gallery of challenge entrants -maybe you too might be inspired to enter :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan







4 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable baby card! I love how you popped some of the images for a 3-D look! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!!!Love that bunny!!! Its a gorgeous baby card!!Your card showcases beautifully the dsp & stamp set - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katerina! I made another version of this with White polka dots instead of the DSP ....must remember to post it :-)

      Delete