Sunday 3 August 2014

Fathers Day is Coming

It is a gorgeous Sunny Winter's day today - so nice to be able to enjoy it after the crisp morning but so worth the wait :-).
Here in Australia, we celebrate Father's Day on the first Sunday in September - so its not very far away! So when I saw the fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week I knew I had to give it a go :-)



Such an elegant sketch!


For my card I started by choosing papers from the Moonlight DSP Stack - and then cut out my letters using the retired Timeless Type Dies.
To add some interest I stamped with the addictive Gorgeous Grunge on the white card and to tie it all together ( literally!) I coloured some Whisper White Bakers Twine with the Mid colour of the Daffodil Delight Belendabilities Markers. So easy to get matching twine for all your colours now! And as usual, I couldn't resist a little bit of bling - despite the masculine feel of the card :-)


Card stock: Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Moonlight Stack
Inks: Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Markers
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge
Accessories: Big Shot, Baby's First Framelits, Timeless Type Sizlits (Retired) Whisper White Bakers Twine, Silver Sequins (Non-SU)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I do hope you have time to check out the great cards fro the Design Team at Freshly Made Sketches and maybe you too may be inspired to join in :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely & fun card, Jan!!! Baby framelits are so versatile! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Katerina :-) Yes, the framelits are great - and cut 3 layers of DSP at once too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Love the ties and the way you "tied them together" with the splatter background! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Cindy :-) Ah the puns are flowing now :-)

      Delete
  4. No NO! I am not ready for Father's Day! LOL! Lucky you are already helping out with ideas. Love the grunge behind the ties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicki! I know it all comes around so fast :-) It will be Christmas before we know it!!

      Delete