Monday 20 October 2014

Birthday King (CASE)

Welcome to a wonderful Monday :-) These days I'm not so sure when some say they "Don't like Mondays" ( although I love the song!!) Mondays are often one of my quietest days of the week and so usually a good day for some paper crafting and today is no exception :-)  After taking our Sally for a lovely walk at the park in the warm sunshine  - and the walks are getting a little longer as her health improves and that is good for both of us :-) -  it was time to CASE a card as this is one I think my brother would love for his birthday.
The original card that inspired this is by Justin Krieger and can be seen here. I loved the mixes of the gold and silver foil on the original although I chose to use all gold for my card…mainly though  - I have to admit   -- because I am running low on the silver for now ;-)

So here is my card:
 

A masculine card with plenty of bling! 
The small background is stamped with Gorgeous Grunge using the Gold Encore ink and the greeting is from a retired set and is embossed with gold EP and is so much more visible in real life….. The four gold segments of the crown are also topped with some red sequins. So the basis of my card is the same as Justin's but I always like to try and put my own spin on any card I CASE :-)

Card stock: Basic Black, Gold Foil
Inks: Encore Gold, Versamark
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Feeling Sentimental (Retired)
Accessories: Red sequins (Non-SU)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great week and don't suffer from any "Monday-itis"  today ;-)

Happy stamping until next time.

Jan



4 comments:

  1. Well done Jan! I love your crown. He will be King for the Day with a card like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicki :-) Yes, I am hoping so too :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the crown idea!! Awesome job!! Thanks for the shout out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Justin, thanks for the inspiration and for stopping by :-)

      Delete