Monday 13 October 2014

Flower patch birthday

Today I had lunch with an old friend I haven't seen in a few years because we simply lost touch and today when we met for a coffee it was so nice and also so easy to sit and talk. So it has been a lovely day!
And I have a card to share that I made a few weeks ago and have been waiting to arrive and now that it has I can share it with you :-) This was a card I CASED from one I saw while on a google search….strangely now, when I have looked several times in an effort to credit the original it is no longer able to be found. I did change colours and embellishments but as you who regularly view my blog know, I do like to give credit if I case a card but this time it seems that won't be possible unfortunately.

So here is my card:

The card base is Bermuda Bay and the white piece of card on top is first cut to sit just inside the full front card size. Next I stamped the larger images from Flower Patch onto the white piece of card and put it into the Big Shot with the co-ordinating framelits but I placed the top Plate of the machine only half way along the images - therefore cutting only where the plate is in contact with the card and framelits. I used some paper snips to but from the outside in to lose half the piece of cut out card around the flowers. Next I layered the other images from the set and also stamped the Make a Wish in Bermuda Bay and also in Momento Tuxedo black. the leaves behind the flowers are stamped separately and cut out and added behind the flower. Then, by lining up the white piece of stamped card with the outside of the base I used my paper trimmer to help me trim the Bermuda Baby layer back.
Instead of ribbon, I chose to use some of the lovely Gold Sequin Trim and add some Strawberry twine to help give it some colour boldness too :-0
For the inside, the beautiful Designer Vellum, gold specialty paper is first put onto a piece of white card before being attached to the base of the card. And the message is written on the back of the front piece of card…

Card stock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Crushed Curry 
Inks: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Pink Piroutte, Strawberry Slush, Pear Pizazz, Crushed Curry
Stamps: Flower Patch, Perfect Pennants
Access: Big Shot, Flower Fair, Gold sequin trim, Designer Vellum - gold, Strawberry Slush twine, Basic rhinestones

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, I hope you have a great week!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



No comments:

Post a Comment