Thursday 18 December 2014

Special gift box and card

Some time ago I started to put together the awesome Merry and Bright star boxes and as I did so, I wanted to make them usable gift boxes and so I added another inside layer so there is a base and a lid. And today I used my first one for some chocolates :-) Of course this called for a matching card but first the box!


So this is the largest of the Cherry cobbler boxes - and it fits a whole pack of Lindt chocolates! And yes, it has been quite surreal in Australia this week with the terrorist situation in the Sydney Lindt Cafe. This gift is nothing to do with that but I did consider that buying the brand of chocolates might just mean standing in solidarity with the brand. But at the heart of it, they are beautiful chocolates and always bring joy wherever they go :-) And you can see here in the filled box, that I used some Kraft card stock to make the inside of the box - and as it holds the whole of it (despite temptation!) it is a very handy size!

And I was up early this morning to get a card made in time to go with this……and here it is :-)



Yes, it is similar in design to some I shared earlier in the week - just this time in more traditional colours.

And some touches of gold :-)

Card stock: Real Red, Whisper White, Gold Foil
Ink: Pear Pizazz, Garden Green, Real Red
Stamps: Wondrous Wreath
Accessories: Big Shot, Wonderful Wreath framelits, Large Polka Dots EF, Gold sequin trim, Real Red ribbon


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope that you have a great day today and enjoy getting together all your Christmas cards and gifts!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Jan! You know how I love matching things & this box & card is a lovely set!!! So festive & elegant!!!-Katerina

    ReplyDelete