Friday 25 March 2016

Pop Up Card for JAI #304

Hello and a very happy Good Friday to you! I hope that you have a wonderful Easter and can enjoy a little rest and relaxation amongst the lovely celebrations with family and friends.

And if you're looking for some inspiration for crafting ideas to complete over the long weekend then we have a brand new challenge at Just Add Ink that may well be just what you were looking for :-) Jodene has suggested a fabulous photo for us all to use - it is full of colour and fun and movement. The design team have created a wonderful array of cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop over and take a look :-)

Here's the picture:


And here is my card:


It's a special pop up slider card for my "middle" Niece...Miss 4years :-0 Where has the time gone??


Here is how it looks when it is closed -it is slightly larger than a standard card for a C6 envelope at 11.5cm x16 cm so will need it's own envelope. From the inspiration photo can you guess what my starting point was? Yes, I saw the floating umbrellas and thought instantly of balloons - and I used the colours too :-)


Here is the front when opened.



And the back - kept this part very simple as isn't going to be seen that much!



The main panel greeting features the cute little dog from Hey Girl and the Balloon Celebration balloons. The blue ones are stamped in the same ink whilst the pink are embossed to give them a little lift. I used Copics to colour the images - thanks to an old but very useful Online Card Class that I can thoroughly recommend, I am learning a little about shading....so much so that I've had my first marker ran out of ink! So my learning curve continues :-)


This is not that unlike Miss 4 herself - same hair length (altho she is a little more blonde) blue eyes and I know she will be wearing Pink and sparkles:-)

Card stock: Melon Mambo, Basic black, Cucumber Crush, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer,
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Versamark,
Stamps: Balloon Celebrations, Hey Girl
Accessories: Balloon Bouquet Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Melon Mambo Polka dot Ribbon (Retired), Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Metallic Silver Thread, White and Silver Embossing Powders, Basic rhinestones
Non SU: Copic Markers.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a moment to pop over to Just Add Ink and see all the wonderful cards the design team have made to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will create with this week's fun and fabulous challenge too !

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan





9 comments:

  1. Wow! Jan love the way you used the 'Hey girl' stamp set. It looks so much fun, celebratory & definitely full of movement!
    Happy Good Friday to you too!!! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katerina! Happy Easter to you too xx

      Delete
  2. This card is awesome Jan and I bet your niece is going to adore it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jodene - fingers crossed - I hope so :)

      Delete
  3. OMGoodness this is the MOST adorable card for your niece. I love everything about it - such fabulous girlie touches. I bet you're the favourite aunty. Am I right?

    Happy Easter to you and Sally, Jan. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much P :-) And a very Happy Easter to you too!
      Am hoping Miss Z will will love this too - you might just be right :-)

      Delete
  4. Super cute Jan! So bright and fun and perfect for a little girl turning 4! Love it! ROchelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely aced this challenge Jan! Fun, interactive and beautifully coloured! I'm sure it will be an absolute hit with your niece..:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is very special Jan! I love that adorable front with the dog holding the four balloons. I think Miss 4 will be utterly entranced and delighted with this fabulous interactive, pink card. xxx

    ReplyDelete