Friday 8 April 2016

With Sympathy JAI # 306


Today saw a welcome return to sunshine after a day of heavy rain. We really need the rain but one day is enough at a time for me :-) The winter chills and ills are here already too - hopefully they won't last long.

We have a brand new challenge for you at Just Add Ink and it is a theme challenge that I have suggested. To Just Add... Sympathy. Sympathy cards are of course needed from time to time and often hard to make in the moment so is something good to have on hand we thought. Our wonderful team have created beautiful cards as always to inspire you so I do hope you can take a moment to pop on over and take a look.
Also, this week sadly, we are saying goodbye to one of our long - time Design Team members, Jodene - so please pop on over to say how much you will miss her - I know I will too! She is a beautiful person, an amazing colourist and card maker and very generous in sharing her talents and time to help others.


I stamped the image from Birthday Blooms in Versamark ink on Water colour paper and embossed it in gold before colouring it using ink pads and an Aquapainter. After allowing it to dry, I fussy cut it and attached it to the Thick White card stock (love this!) that is added on some dimensionals. The gold sparkle strip is actually the Gold Metallic Glitter Tape that was available during Saleabration. It is so easy to use and really sparkly too :-) 


For the colouring I was inspired by my favourite rose in the garden - unfortunately I've forgotten it's name as it's stunning! The buds are yellow with pink edges and you can see the yellow is vibrant when they open but fades to white over the next few days leaving the pink edges to shine :-)


Ok so I went pink with yellow touches :-) A few additional gold embellies - and this card is complete. The sentiment seems made for this image - although they are from different sets - it fits perfectly in the gap between the leaves. And Mossy Meadow ink...so will miss this colour when in retires soon too. 

Card stock: Whisper White (thick), Water colour paper,
Designer Series Paper: Birthday Bouquet
Inks: Versamark, Mossy Meadow, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry,
Stamps: Birthday Blooms, Rose Wonder
Accessories: Gold EP, Gold Metallic Glitter Tape, Metallic Sequins Assortment, Metallic Gold Thread

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see all he wonderful cards the Team have made to inspire you and say a goodbye to the lovely Jodene. And I look forward to seeing what you will create this week using this sad but often needed theme.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

6 comments:

  1. Jan I just love the flower embossed in gold - it adds such a wonderful subtle richness! You certainly captured elegant and stunning with this card. Your favorite rose left me gobsmacked - I've never seen such a colour change in a flower no wonder it inspired you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely stunning Jan! So vibrant. Love the gold embossing. Gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning effect Jan. The gold embossing really adds that extra elegance.
    I have that same rose in my garden too and it's definitely a fave...for memory it's called a Chameleon, well that's what the tag said some 20yrs ago..:0)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card, Jan. I love the gold embossing and embellies - very elegant. I can see where you got your colour inspiration from - that rose in your garden is absolutely stunning! I must be on the lookout for one now....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jan! Love the beautiful touches of gold and the stunnging flower. Love the touches of colour to make and elegant card. I too am stunned by your rose. Didn't know roses like that exsisted. Might have to get me some. Fabulous inspiration for your card. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you for your very kind words Jan! I really love this card, the gold embossing adds such an elegant touch and your colouring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete