Monday 6 June 2016

Another Beautiful Ride for JAI #314


Yes, you're in the right place - and yes, it was time for a blog Make Over! The "smurf" look  is gone and hopefully that means that you are able to see the creations more easily. I couldn't resist a little blue around the outsides though and the new colour of the blog Header reminds me of the new Dapper Denim so that has to be good :-)
It's going to take a little time to get used to - for me as well - so let's start with a post that possibly  wouldn't have looked that great in blue. I guess now we'll never know, LOL!


Today's card is the one I started working on for this week's challenge at Just Add Ink to use an Inspiration photo in your crafting. You can see my original post and check out the challenge here. The card eventually came together as you can see :-)
The map is DSP from the Going Places DSP Stack and it's been water coloured.  I'll let you into a little secret - I don't really like Vanilla! Ice cream, sure - but not in card stock or DSP. I don't usually buy it but somehow this Stack made it into my craft space. This page of roads seemed perfect to go with my favourite VW except I had to do something to disguise the Vanilla lol! And I know the lovely VW is retiring but it will always have a home on my shelf.  The card is for a friend who has just bought a new Golf after driving mine with me to Castlemaine a couple of months back so I hope she likes it :-)


Card stock: Crushed Curry, Blackberry Bliss, Basic Black, Water Colour paper
Designer Series Paper: Going Places Stack
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Basic Grey, Crushed Curry, Versamark, Black Stazon
Stamps: Beautiful Ride
Accessories: Big Shot, Large Polka Dots EF, White EP, Brights Sequins Assortment, Twine Pack ( Saleabration 2015)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card Jan and lots of whimsy here. Love what you did to 'hide' the vanilla....LOL
    We had storms here too yesterday. I got totally soaked trying to close up the gazebo so that the furniture would not get all wet! Oh well, it's only water, right! Hope you have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete