Friday 12 May 2017

Thank You JAI #359


Happy Friday and welcome! The days are getting shorter and definitely cooler but the beautiful colours of Autumn are on show. The leaves have turned to beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow and there is a often a carpet of them on the streets - which remind me of my childhood and walking to school kicking and dancing through them:-)


This week at Just Add Ink we have this gorgeous floral bloom photo for you suggested by Kim. The design team have all made stunning creations to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and join us :-)


The layers and orientation of the flower in the photo reminded me of this lovely birthday image so that was my starting point.  I white embossed it onto water colour card stock and then used an Aqua Painter with ink pads. To get the depth of colour, I first applied a light wash taking ink from the lids and then took ink direct from the ink pads to add the shading.


The white embossing makes it easy to stay within the lines and also gives a rather vintage effect which I decided to embrace and added layers of ribbon to represent the layers of petals in the photo. Whilst I'd love some white Wink of Stella some embossed dots from Timeless Textures give some subtle shine to the background :-)

I coloured a second flower just in case there was an accident with the fussy cutting but as all went well I decided to use it on second card.


This time I layered the coloured panel on a base of the same colour but I might change that to the same as the one above. And the greeting is a sneak peek of a new set available June 2 called Happy Birthday Gorgeous - it is indeed gorgeous and will get plenty of use am sure :-)


Card stock: Dapper Denim, Soft Sky
Ink: Melon Mambo, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Versamark
Stamps: Birthday Blooms, Thankful Thoughts, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Timeless Textures
Accessories: White EP, Burlap Ribbon, White Organza Ribbon, Gold Metallic Ribbon (Sab), Metallic Sequin Assortment

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see the fabulous inspiration from the design team and I look forward to seeing what you will create for this beautiful inspiration challenge too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I love all the colour variations!!! How clever are you?!? Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how vibrant your flowers are Jan, they really are stunning! All those ribbon textures make me want to reach out my hand and stroke them too ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both gorgeous Jan! Your colouring is divine and the design and details are so pretty...Love them both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Jan. I love both of your cards. The ribbon layers are gorgeous, as is your colouring. x

    ReplyDelete