Friday 3 November 2017

Eclipse Birthday for JAI #384

It's Friday and this week has simply flown! From delightfully warm Spring weather we have returned to almost Wintery conditions. I'm sure Spring must be just around the corner.


To the rescue is the new challenge at Just Add Ink with this beautiful and Summery photo suggested by me :-) Our wonderful design team have all created fantastic cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and take a look and we'd love you to join us too.


For my card I decided to go Clean and literal and try the Eclipse Technique that seems to be very popular lately. After stamping the daisies, I used the Happy Birthday thinlits to cut the greeting from the same page. For this technique, one of the keys is to keep all the pieces when die cutting so that you can put the base layers back in. I found it easiest to remove and replace the pieces with the words in place so that they lined up correctly before removing the Happy Birthday sentiment.
To create a little contrast, I die cut more of the sentiment from some Bermuda Bay card stock and layered three of these under the original layer before putting it back in place.



Card stock: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay
Stamps: Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Big Shot, Happy Birthday Thinlits, Iridescent Sequin Assortment

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see see the fabulous inspiration from our lovely design team and I loo forward to seeing what you will create inspired by this summery photo too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

6 comments:

  1. What a happy, summery card, Jan! It looks amazing - the Bermuda layers under the sentiment are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best one I've seen, you can actually see the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Mary - yes, I’m sure it can be a balancing act between hiding the sentiment or not :-)

      Delete
  3. I love your take on the eclipse technique, Jan. Your card is so fresh, clean & simple, and that great sentiment adds great pop. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Jan. The eclipse technique worked just perfectly with your design.

    ReplyDelete