Friday 20 April 2018

Epic Celebrations for JAI #405



Happy Friday, and welcome! The school holidays have finished and the days are getting shorter and the nights colder. All definite signs that Autumn is here.


And it's also time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink. This week we have a fabulous Inspiration photo suggested by Kelly for us all to use. You can take whatever inspires you from the photo- the wood, the colours and textures. As always our lovely design team have created a wonderful variation of cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and hopefully join us.


For my card, I was inspired by the wonderful woodgrains, the striped cushion on the bed for the watercolour panel and all the textures and the mirror too. So I have a Tween birthday card all ready for my nephew and I know that guitars and music are in his list of "cool" things. Yes, sadly the Epic Celebrations set is now retired but I think it will come in handy for teen and guy cards to come.


I started by white embossing the guitar image in white over the water coloured panel. Then I coloured it using an Aqua Painter and ink pads. The guitar and headphones are coloured using the Blends and Copics too.


Card stock: Basic Grey, Black, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Wood Textures DSP
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Basic Grey, Versamark, Momento Tuxedo Black, Blends: Night of Navy,
Stamps: Epic Celebrations (Saleabration)
Accessories: Linen Thread, Silver Sequin Thread, Metallic Sequins Assortment
Non SU: Watercolor Paper (Ranger, TH), Copics : C3, C5, C7

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see what all the lovely team has made to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will create with this fabulous photo too.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment